Thanks to your generosity, Boston Figurative Art Center has survived the pandemic, and we are pleased to announce that all sessions will resume on June 1st!
- Monday night short pose, 7PM-10PM
- Thursday night long pose, 7PM-10PM
- Saturday morning long pose, 9:30AM-12:30PM
- Sunday morning long pose, 9:30AM-12:30PM
- Sessions are open for fully vaccinated artists, hosts and models only. We ask our artists to get fully vaccinated before registering for our sessions.
- Sessions will be limited to four artists, one host, and one model, so we can maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- All participants must wear masks for the duration of each session, including our model, except when he/she is posing on stage.
- All artists must register and pre-pay online; no drop-ins and no cash will be accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience, but this is necessary to ensure that session attendance is capped at four artists. Please note: registration for a MeetUp event will not reserve you a spot. Only registration through BFAC's website will permit you to join a session. Click "EVENTS" on the above menu bar to register and pre-pay for sessions.
- We are temporarily suspending memberships and membership prices. All artists must pay a one-time rate of $25 per session.
- BFAC will not be offering refreshments at this time.
In addition to encouraging the serious practice of art, BFAC is a welcoming community that shares occasional social or travel events. While attending sessions, artists can discuss their work with other participants, and provide each other feedback, in a respectful and supportive manner. Free beer, wine and snacks are provided to session participants.
BFAC invites anyone interested in practicing their art to attend our sessions! Participants range from complete novices to professionals; artists with all levels of experience are encouraged to attend. You are welcome to drop in on any scheduled session, however participation is limited by the size of our studio. In order to ensure that there will be a spot for you, session participants are encouraged to join as a member (with discounts on session fees) and pre-pay online . Whether you want to pre-pay or pay at your session, please RSVP on Meetup so we’ll be expecting you. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!
BFAC now offers deep discounts to session fees for members. Memberships are $35/month for a Renew Monthly membership, or $30/month for six months or more. With a Renew Monthly membership your session fees for any non-teaching session will be only $12! And for six-month members the session fees will be $10!! Non-members are still welcome to any and all drop-in sessions for a fee of $25. (The 4-session discount has been discontinued.)
But don't just join to save money – join to be part of our community of artists, working together and individually to practice one of humankind's oldest creative traditions: the depiction of humanity.
Parking on-street is legal for two hours for people without Somerville parking permits, BUT WE PREFER THAT YOU PARK IN THE LOT AROUND BACK, WHICH IS OPEN till about 11PM. The building is a working factory, so the lot is monitored and safe, though it is a bit of a walk around the building to the front door.